Sunday, November 4, 2012

Shanghai Steam

Shanghai Steam, one of the coolest anthologies you'll see this year, is now available - sort of.  Amazon's got it in paperback, but the ebook version doesn't seem to be on the digital shelves yet.

I can't wait for my copy, and not just because I have a story in it.  This is one of the most intriguing and fun anthology ideas I've ever come across, a blend of steampunk and wuxia, a Chinese literary genre that can best be described as "Martial Arts Heroics."  Steam-Fu, in other words.

Nineteen authors bring you stories set in China, Britain, Canada, the old West, even Mars. There are dragons, automatons, flying monks, and a coffee maker of terrifying power.  There are heroes and assassins, grim tales of vengeance, and light-hearted tales of comedy. 

I'll keep you posted about e-book availability.  In the meantime, here's a link to the paperback version at Amazon:

No comments:

Post a Comment